Why Apply to HEAF?
HEAF offers its students: experiential classroom learning, engaging real world experiences, personalized youth development and counseling support, Specialized High School Acceptance Test (SHSAT) preparation, SAT preparation, college tours, international service-learning opportunities, college search and application support, financial aid application support, and comprehensive career-development opportunities.
Is HEAF a fit for you or your child?
HEAF seeks students who demonstrate intellectual curiosity, academic motivation, personal resiliency, and self-discipline.
- In grades 5 through 10
- Minimum GPA of 80% with no grade below 75% in a core subject
- Minimum score of 3 on New York State standardized tests (applicable to grades 5-8)
- Demonstrates strong character and leadership potential
Ways to Apply
- Apply online
- Download an application, fill it out, and return it by fax to: 212-663-9736
- Download an application, fill it out, and return it by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download an application, fill it out, and return it by mail to:
2090 Seventh Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10027
Qualified candidates will be contacted within 5 business days.
Submit report Card and/or test scores
When applying, you must also send in your child’s most recent report card and your child’s Math and ELA test scores (if they are in grades 5-8).
The final stage of the Admissions selection process for HEAF programming includes an interview. The interview is an opportunity for the HEAF community to learn more about the student applicant and their family. The interview will consists of the interviewer asking questions in order to gain a better sense of student’s academic interests, collegiate pursuits and other relevant information.
If you have further questions about whether your child is eligible, contact Nkese Rankine at 212-663-9732 ext. 411
If you’re a school and looking to partner with us please contact Nkese Rankine at 212-663-9732 ext. 411
If you’re ready, you can apply now!